CoinGecko’s Q2 2023 Crypto Industry Report provides valuable insight into cryptocurrency market performance and key trends during the second quarter of the year. The report highlights several notable findings that shed light on recent industry developments.
In terms of market performance, the second quarter saw a relatively modest 0.14% increase in total crypto market capitalization, reaching $1.24 trillion by the end of June. Bitcoin (BTC) saw a 6.9% gain, outpacing overall market growth. Meanwhile, Ethereum (ETH) posted a 6.0% rise, with BTC and ETH prices stabilizing around $30,000 and $1,900, respectively.
The report delves into various aspects of the crypto industry, including decentralized finance (DeFi), non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and the performance of centralized exchanges (CEXs) and decentralized exchanges (DEXs). Highlights include:
1. BTC 6.9% Gain: BTC outperformed overall market cap growth, hitting a year-over-year high of $30,694 after BlackRock’s spot bitcoin ETF unveiling. However, the average daily trading volume decreased by 58.7% in the second quarter.
2. Stablecoin Market Fluctuations: The total market capitalization of the top 15 stablecoins decreased by 3.5%, mainly due to the decline of USD Coin (USDC) and Binance USD (BUSD). Tether (USDT) strengthened its market share and True USD (TUSD) emerged as the biggest gainer.
3. ETH Stakes Growth: Total ETH stakes increased by 30.3% in Q2, reaching 23.6 million. Lido remained the dominant staking provider, while Kraken’s dominance declined due to the liquidation of its US staking product.
4. Decline in NFT Trading Volume – NFT trading volume fell 35.0% in Q2, despite the growing popularity of Bitcoin Ordinals. Ethereum remained the leading platform for NFT trading, although Solana experienced a significant decline in trading volume.
5. Decrease in spot trading volume on centralized exchanges: Spot trading volume on centralized exchanges fell by 43.2%, and Binance’s market share dropped to 52%. Bybit and Bitget were the only exchanges in the top 10 to gain volume.
6. Drop in spot trading volume on decentralized exchanges: Spot trading volume on decentralized exchanges decreased by 28.1%, with Uniswap maintaining its dominance at a 70% market share.
CoinGecko’s report provides a comprehensive overview of the crypto market landscape in Q2, highlighting key trends and performance indicators across various segments. These insights offer valuable information for industry participants and investors seeking to understand recent developments and make informed decisions.
This post Crypto Market Report Q2: Insights on Market Performance and Key Trends
was published first on https://coinpedia.org/news/crypto-market-report-q2-insights-into-market-performance-and-key-trends/